This a lovely different version to the original fish pie.
- 2 packets fish pie mixture (800 gr total weight)
- 1 kg sweet potatoes, peeled and cut inot chunks
- 1 carrot, peeled & grated
- 2 sticks of celery, grated
- 150 gr Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 1 lemon
- 1 red chillie, grated
- 4 sprigs of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 stick of Pak CHoi, chopped including leaves
- olive oil
- 150 ml vegetable or fish stock (I use cubes)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC or gas 6
- Place the sweet potatoes in a pan and add water but don’t cover them completely, add salt and bring to the boil and boil for about 12 minutes, or until tender.
- In a large oven dish, stand the grater in it and grate carrot, celery and cheddar, chillie.
- Then peel the zest off the lemon and add to the oven dish.
- Add the chopped pak choi and mix well.
- Add the fish, squeeze some lemon juice over it, season with s&p and mix well.
- Pour over the fish or vegetable stock.
- Drain the sweet potatoes, drizzle with some lugs of olive oil and mash until nice and smooth.
- Spread the potatoes over the fish pie mixture and then bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
Serve piping hot with baked beans and tomato ketchup if you feel the need.
Storing / Freezing
If there are any leftovers you can easily keep this in the fridge for either lunch the next day or freeze it for another rainy day.
Another 2 ways:
- Add spinach to the mixture instead of pak choi
- Add 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
Spread the love to your favourite unicorns!