I so love this dish with chicken and it’s winter vegetables. Easy to put together and then just set your timer to 1,5 hours and slide it in the pre-heated oven.
A great dish also if you are having friends over for dinner at the weekend. Serve with wilted spinach and a clove of garlic, new potatoes if you are not so much on the diet anymore or with some french bread. If you are on a diet and keeping of the carbs then I suggest you add extra green veg such as haricot vert beans or broccoli.
- 1 chicken or 4 chicken thighs with the drumstick attached
- 3 celery stick, finely cut
- 1 onion, peeled and finely cut
- 2 large leeks, finely cut
- 4 – 6 carrots finely cut
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500ml chicken stock or vegetable stock ( I use cubes)
- Pink Himalaya salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp almond butter (like peanut butter, it will be in that section of your supermarket)
- 1 glass white wine
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 bunch of Tarragon, stalks removed and finely chopped
- Pre-heat your oven to 180ºC or gasmark 6
- in a large oven proof casserole pan with lid add the chicken
- Add celery, leeks, carrot, onion and garlic –
- Add the chicken stock and the wine and season with s&p and slide into the oven.
- Do check every 30 minutes to make sure there is enough liquid in the pan.
- After the cooking time remove the chicken form the pan and leave to cool for a little and then flake of all the meat.
- Whilst the chicken is cooling add the lemon juice, zest and tarragon and stir …. place back in the oven without lid for 10-15 minutes whilst you are flaking off all the chicken.
- Then when all the chicken is shredded off the bones add the meat back to the pan and stir placing it back one more last time just for the chicken to heat through again for about 5 minutes.
- Serve with green vegetbales such as wilted spinach and garlic and a drop of olive oil, or haricot verts and broccoli.
- New potatoes if you have been off carbs for ages then treat yourself with them when having this dish. Otherwise use sweet potatoes and cut them into chips and bake in a pan with coconut oil. Go to the recipe here.