Simple easy to prepare oat porridge. In 6 minutes flat out …. and so nourishing and comforting too. It will keep you filled up till lunch time.
- 4 tbsp oatmeal (glutenfree)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ginger (I tend to use the back of a teaspoon and dip it into the spice pot… do that 2x with all the spices)
- 150 – 200 ml plant based mylk (I use either coconut, oatmeal, rice, almond, and all unsweetened)
- 1 pinch of pink Himalay salt
- goijberries (however many you like, small handfull)
- 1/4 pear peel on and grated
- Place the oats in a saucepan and add the spices and mylk and bring to the boil, stirring all the time… don’t leave the pan… turn the heat down to low and keep stirring for 4 minutes. Then take off the heat and leave. If you want it less thick just add more mylk.
- Whilst leaving the porridge to stand add the goijberries and stir.
- Grate a 1/4 of a pear.
- Pour porridge into a pretty bowl and add the grated pear on top with the coconut chips and tuck in….
Toppings & Tips:
- add sliced banana
- add red grapes, halved
- you can add yogurt (coconut) and extra banana to take to work and eat cold if you like that kind of thing. Super filler upper for the end of the day if you need it.
For more healthy nutritious inspiration and want to learn how to change your mindset about living a healthy lifestyle then join 1 Free MONTH MEMBERSHIP in my Facebook Community MY BODY MY TEMPLE here