The bean sprouts give this blend an earthy, nutty flavor, which is balanced perfectly by sweet pear and banana. Sunflower sprouts are one of the most nutritious sprouts around, featuring plenty of protein, B vitamins, and zinc, the latter of which is essential for immune function, while the leafy greens support your body’s natural detoxification processes.
- 1 handful dandelion greens (if your supermarket has them or use 1 or 1/2 little salad gem)
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 1/2 small handful sunflower sprouts, or any other bean sprouts you can find in your super market.
- 1/2 large or 1 small pear, cored and seeded
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tsp baobab powder
- 150 – 200ml almond mylk or nondairy mylk of choice such as coconut or oat, all unsweetened.
Prep all ingredients
Blend till smooth and serve. It’s soooo delicious.
Storing / Freezing
If you double the quantities then you can just leave it in an airtight jar and drink it at the end of the day when that 4pm sugar dip hits you.
- flaked almonds
- Home made nut granola (recipe here)