Serves 1 for lunch
I just made this one up as I went along, of course I had done the shopping the day before and new I wanted to eat a delicious salads for the coming week. I had also bought soem fresh herbs for in the kitchen such as mint, rosemary and Greek basil. I love their perfume wafting through the kitchen every time I walk in. Always brings back memories from my childhood when my mother used to have herbs in her kitchen.
- handful of lettuce leaves
- mixed bean sprouts enough to lightly cover the lettuce (radish, alfalfa, clover & broccoli)
- 4 thin slices of a red onion
- 3 green asparagus, tail end broken off
- 1 slice of smoked salmon, cut into small strips
- 2 poached eggs (or 1 if you are more weight concious)
- s&p to taste
- lug of olive oil (I never do exact measurements here, I just sprinkle it over the top)
- balsamic vinegar (same as oil but less)
- snippet of Greek basil
- mixed salad seeds
- In a pretty sexy salad bowl add the lettuce leaves, bean sprouts, onion slices and the smoked slamon which you cut up into small strips.
- Bring a small pan of water to the boil adn once boiling away add the asparagus and and lower the heat and simmer for 3 minutes, lift them out and use the water to poach your eggs.
- Poach your eggs for 2 minutes. Google on youtube how to poach an egg.
- Whilst your eggs are poaching cut up the asparagus in 4 bite size pieces and add to your salad
- pour on the olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- pop the poached eggs on top and sprinkle with s&p and the salad seed mixture and then to finish it off snip some Greek basil over the top…. and hey presto you have created a beautiful healthy nutricious lunch.