Roasted Aubergine with Spinach & Sundried Tomatoes from the wok
Once you have the aubergines going in the oven you can prepare the pine nuts and use the same pan to then do the spinach in. It’s a really yummy dish… with my two favourite veggies aubergine and spinach
• 4 small aubergines
• olive oil
• 1 tbsp of dried mixed herbs (Italian or herb de Provence)
• 2 bags of spinach (500g)
• juice of 1 lime
• 4 tbsp Tahini (sesame paste)
• 360gr Sundried tomatoes, drained
• 100gr pine nuts
• salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 200ºC
- Slice aubergine into thin strips
- place strips on baking tray with generous amount of olive oil and toss with the herbs and s&p
- Bake for 20 minutes
- In a large wok toast the pine nuts for 1 – 2 minutes, making sure they don’t go brown ( you will be using this wok again, just give it a wipe)
- about 5 minutes before the aubergine finish, place the spinach into the large wok with a little oil, s & p and allow to go soft (wilt)
- Once gone soft add the tahini, lime juice and sundried tomatoes.
- add the aubergine and pine nuts to the spinach and mix well before serving.
You can serve this with some simple fish, chicken or vegan burger if you wish.
Tip for NON- Vegans: Before you fry your fish or chicken in the pan add some chopped onion and tomato with a clove of garlic pressed into it and add some chilli flakes to spice things up. Then steam the fish or chicken in the sauce… Yummy!
Any leftovers take with you for lunch the next day… delicious cold with some french bread or salad.
For more healthy nutritious inspiration and learn how to change your mindset about living a healthy lifestyle then join 1 Free MONTH MEMBERSHIP in my Facebook Community MY BODY MY TEMPLE here