I’m in love with this gorgeous vegetable dish. And you know why? Because it’s got fennel in it and you don’t frequently bump inot a delicious dish with fennel. I just love the taste of fennel.
So you must try it… it’s easy and quick to assemble and then all you do is leave it in the oven for about 30-40 minutes.
- 2 courgettes, thinly sliced on a mandolin or by hand
- 1 fennel bulb, also thinly sliced on mandolin or by hand
- 1 large white onion, also finely sliced on your mandolin
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 large jar of tomato marinara, passata is also ok
- 1 packet Feta cheese (200gr)
- Italian herbs or oregano
- S&P to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC or gas mark 6.
- In an oven proof dish cover the bottom with a layer of tomato sauce season with a little s&p.
- Add a layer of courgette first then a layer of fennel, onion and tomato,
- Sprinkle some Italian herbs over the top and cover with a layer of tomato sauce.
- repeat another layer finishing with sauce.
- Season and crumble the feta over the top cover with foil and place in the oven. Cook for 30-40 minutes in the middle of the oven.
- Before the cooking time is up remove the foil so the feta can brown a little.
- Serve with a green mixed salad on the side.
Store & Tip
You can keep any leftovers in the fridge and take with you for lunch the next day with some sourdough bread or rice crackers.
For more healthy nutritious inspiration and learn how to change your mindset about living a healthy lifestyle then join 1 Free MONTH MEMBERSHIP in my Facebook Community MY BODY MY TEMPLE here