I just love Christmas, because of the sweet family memories I guess. Christmas songs play as soon as the Dutch ‘Sinter KLaas’ on 5th December has been celebrated. Each year when the tree is bought… with roots so we can plant it back again and don’t feel too bad buying one, the excitement grows again. I love the scent of the tree in the house and love decorating it with my kids if they are around. This year I will be doing it with Jon and my sister because we are in Holland for Christmas and my sons and lovely daughter-in-law will be joining us on the 24th. So with everybody around for several days you want all to be happy…. sometimes Christmas can end up being stressful for families. Pressure on the cook to get the turkey out on time, well cooked and hot! A major challe too.
So my 5 Christmas survival tips are:
1. Try not to be perfect all the time… especially for mum’s and dad’s who are hosting. Perfection is an illusion. So really try and enjoy yourself too.
2. Allow some Self love time in between meals and gatherings. Just pamper yourself in the bathroom for 10 minutes, give your face a lovely pick me up massage with some of your daycream. Really feel your fingertips massage all of your face and take your time… 4 minutes… then close your eyes for 6 minutes and align to your heart…. say to yourself. I am great!
3. Plan some games before Christmas hits you. A great one is to fill a jar and put cards in with topics to talk about… call it the CHATBOX… and get people to pull out a card in between meals when sitting down for cups of tea and coffee or pre dinner drinks when you don’t want everybody to just sit there tapping on their phones.
4. Don’t argue with anybody. Just don’t go there. It totally ruins the atmosphere. Don’t blame others for any of your own mistakes or stress. What ever is brewing inside of you is yours! Chill and relax. Appreciate that you have your loved ones nearby and that you have food on the table.
5. Love yourself and send your love to the ones whom you are sharing the festive season with. Be compassionate and kind. They will feel that energy oozing out of you and that is worth millions. That feeling of peace and love. Every minute you have that choice…. Love or frustration… choose LOVE always.
Have a wonderful time and I wish you all a lovely and peaceful festive season…. with all the people you adore and love nearby.
Follow my Christmas Spotify playlist here
ps. don’t count calories… just eat mindfully. ❤️🎄❤️