Delicious simple stir fry…. don’t you just love easy, colourful and a happy soothing food? Do your shopping and then ENJOY cooking this lovely meal for 2 or 4… just up the ingredients if for more mouths.
I just always want easy and simple but tasty, super healthy home made food. I have always been passionate about cooking and love spending time in the kitchen… it’s the hub of the home… so I’m bringing back the cozy, snug, social time (gezelligheid) into the kitchen … out with the hard work effort kind of attitude…
So get cooking and have fun adn invite your partner and kids in…
- 300 gr tofu (natural or seasoned)
- 200 gr savoy cabbage, shredded,
- 200 gr pak choi, sliced
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped finely
- handful of mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 2 tbs. sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 20 gr fresh mint leaves,
- 300 gr wok noodles (vegan or soba, cooked if necessary in some boiling water for 3 minutes)
- splash of soy sauce (tamari sauce for vegans)
- Heat a wok or large and add the oil and heat.
- add onion and fry for 2-3 minutes and add mushrooms… then go to 3 or 5
- If using natural tofu, cut the tofu into bite sized pieces, and cook in the oil until golden brown.
- When the tofu is golden, add the garlic and mint leaves.
- Stir-fry for 1 minute until the garlic is lightly golden… stay with it otherwise it will burn.
- Add the noodles to the pan and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Mix in the prepared greens.
- add the soy sauce and mix well, taste and add more if you think you need it.
- If using prepared, seasoned tofu, add it now.
- Add 75ml cold water & cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the greens have just started to wilt and the water has evaporated.
- season to taste with s&p
- Serve immediately and enjoy the soupy sauce too.
If there are any left overs, separate into serving batches suitable for either lunchbox or for dinner. This can be stored in the fridge for a few days.
Another 1 way:
- Add some chilli and fresh coriander to give it a Thai flavour
- Add some beansprouts (taugé) when add the other veg at the end.
For more healthy nutritious inspiration and learn how to change your mindset about living a healthy lifestyle then join 1 Free MONTH MEMBERSHIP in my Facebook Community MY BODY MY TEMPLE here