Prepping this home made nut granola is just one of the best things you can do on your Sundays after you have had a lovely lie in and a big long cuddle with your partner and or kids.
Sundays are for special quality family time and when my kids were small, I used to love spending time with them and my husband just chilling around the house and prepping food for the day or sit at the kitchen table planning my weekly menus, playing and chatting with them. The smell of food cooking on the stove or in the oven just always brings back those sweet memories and these days it’s soooo important to make and create childhood memories for your kids. Scent does that! When my guys come home now to visit me when finished college, they just love sitting down at the table and sigh and tuck into whatever I cooked. They so miss my food during term time. Kids always come back to the nest for good home made healthy grub.
- 180 gr roughly chopped unsalted nut mixture
- 1 tbsp olive oil /coconut oil
- 1 tbsp raw brown syrup or honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of pink Himalaya salt
- zest of 1 orange (optional, does smell divine)
- Pre-heat oven to 170ºC/ 150ºC fan or gas mark 3. You want it really low because the nuts will burn too easily otherwise.
- Place baking paper in a baking tray
- Chop the nut mixture with a sharp knife or pulse in your blender but just keep that really short otherwise you will end up with flour.
- Add the other ingredients to a large jug and mix well.
- Add the nuts to the jug and mix so all the nuts are coated and it smells gooooood!
- Spread the nut mixture out evenly over the tray and place in middle of oven.
- Set your timer for 10 minutes and then take the nuts out and stir around.
- Place back into the oven and set timer for 8 minutes …. now stay with it because you do not want to end up with burnt stuff. Timing is crucial now.
- If you think it needs a little longer set the timer for another 2 minutes max.
- remove and alow to cool completely.
Store in an airtight jar. This granola will keep for 10 days, that is if you can keep your hand out of the jar. 🙂
Spread the love to your favourite unicorns!