As you know I’m totally in love my smoothies. I drink/eat one almost every day and have done for the past 2,5 years. Ever since I got a bad bout of flu combined with asthma and a barking cough which lasted for 3 months back in 2015, I have been addicted to creating smoothies in all shapes and sizes. I add and mix almost anything and stick to my 5 a day if not more of green veg and rainbow veg.
You will love this one if you are some one who loves earhty flavours and wants a shot of vitamins, minerals and potassium. If you are on a diet then I suggest you always replace the plant based mylks I use with water.
- 1 large handful of spinach
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 banana, in chunks
- 1 stick of celery, in chunks
- 1 piece of cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks
- 200- 300 ml plant based mylk (I use either coconut, oatmeal, rice, almond, and all unsweetened)
- 1 tsp Moringa powder
- 2 tsp Hemp seed hearts
- With these quantities use your large blender cup of the Nutribullet (my favourite blender)
- Just add all the ingredients to your blender and blitz for about 30 seconds.
Storing / Tip
I have doubled the quantity for you either to share with your partner or to drink yourself at the end of the day when that 4pm sugar dip hits you. Because it has 1 banana and 1/2 avocado you then only need 1 more portion of healhty fats.
Go to the Positive Nutrition Pyramid by Amelia Freer to check the portions allowed and what is in each layer. Super super useful and print them out too and use them to check your daily intake
- rose petals / lavender flowers
- Home made nut granola (recipe here)