This was me just trying out cooking quinoa in ricemilk because I needed something sweet and soft and not with anything veggie in it for breakfast. I need a bowl of healthy comfort food, and this just ticked that box because it was warmish too. Really easy to make and so comforting.
- 50 gr quinoa, rinsed
- 125 ml rice mylk (or any other favourite plant based mylk)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 7 blackberries
- squeeze of brown rice syrup (or honey)
- Place the rice mylk in a pan and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling carefully add the quinoa and stir once adding the brown rice syrup too.
- Then cover with a lid, bring back to the boil and then lower the heat and set the timer for 15 minutes.
- Make sure the quinoa is simmering and towards the end add chia seeds & blackberries, stir and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add extra rice mylk if you think it’s looking dry, you don’t want that because the chia seeds will soak up a lot of the liquid too, leave to stand for 2 minutes.
- I like mine to be in a more liquid form so not thick and stodgy.
- Eat whilst still warm.
- Home made nut granola (recipe here)