I had a head of broccoli lying around in the fridge and had read so much about creating rice out of it using a grater so I did just that. With some other leftover veg in the fridge I then created a simple slightly spicy delicious stirfry.
- head of a broccoli, grated including as much of the stalk as possible (you can buy ready grated)
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed or sliced
- 8 mushrooms, finely sliced
- 1 packet of soba noodles, cook before according to instructions or use egg noodles
- 2 handfulls of bean sprouts
- packet of King Prawns, cut in half
- s&p to taste
- olive oil
- 1,5 tsp hot curry powder (more if you like the heat)
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- In a wok swirl in some olive oil and heat up, then add the onion and fry for about 3 minutes until glazed and soft, add the spices and garlic and fry for 1 minute on a gently heat.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and fry them untill they start giving off their juice again.
- Add the broccoli rice and stir fry for another 2 minutes and then add noodles or the egg noodles and king prawns.
- Heat through and season to taste.
For more healthy nutritious inspiration and want to learn how to change your mindset about living a healthy lifestyle then join 1 Free MONTH MEMBERSHIP in my Facebook Community MY BODY MY TEMPLE here